Dr Pv lakshmaiah IAS Study Circle > Current affairs > Economy Current Affairs > Qualcomm Semiconductor Mentorship Program
Qualcomm Semiconductor Mentorship Program
- February 23, 2023
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Economy Current Affairs
Why in News?
Qualcomm India Private Limited (Qualcomm India), part of the Qualcomm group of companies (NASDAQ: QCOM), plans to initiate and conduct the Qualcomm® Semiconductor Mentorship Program (‘QSMP’) 2022.
- Initiative of ➔ Qualcomm India in collaboration with C-DAC (Centre for Development of Advanced Computing).
- Objective ➔ To support selected semiconductor startups by providing them mentorship, technical training and industry outreach.
- Features ➔
- Under the program, Qualcomm India will shortlist up to 10 Indian semiconductor startups for QSMP 2022.
- Each shortlisted startup will be paired with a Qualcomm India leader for mentorship on product planning and development. The startup and the mentor will meet on a periodic basis either in person or through online meetings.
- Qualcomm India will also facilitate “Masterclass” workshops for the shortlisted startups on semiconductor design aspects such as design, testing, and verification packaging, as well as on nontechnical topics such as pitches, IPR, marketing, government incentives / opportunities and scaling up teams.
- C-DAC is a premier Research and Development organization of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY).
- Functions ➔ It is engaged in cutting edge technology areas for the design, development and deployment of products and solutions in the area of Electronics and Information Technology.
- CDAC has been entrusted with the responsibility to execute the Design Linked Incentive (DLI) Scheme notified by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology,
- Qualcomm is the world’s leading wireless technology innovator and the driving force behind the development, launch, and expansion of 5G. When we connected the phone to the internet, the mobile revolution was born.